Friday, November 09, 2007

Back then and now...

The winners and prizes of the champion stacker competition has been announced!

As predicted, we won the 2nd place.. but hold on.. we also won the "BEST DESIGN AWARD" which means we actually get the same amount of prize as the 1st winner's…how much u ask?hmm.. I don't think I'll tell here bcos.. o well.. it's so small..! but it's fine.. we never knew they would actually give us money for winning the competition.. so what was the competition all about u ask? well.. I should say we did it for nothing but grades, module credits and PRIDE.. =P that's all..

So life recently has been treating me quite well.. project was pretty tough but I've met friendly n nice people to work with, which honestly seldom happened in the past 3 years haha.. except my HR group mates who are really cool and oh, my denmark mates.. =P anyways, exams are just around the corner.. reading week is one week away, exam is two weeks away.. simply put, I am not ready..

I am just so scared of one module, mechanics of solids.. this technical stuff, it's seriously not my cuppa tea.. and the fact that this is already my final year, which means my only chance to pull up my miserable grade.. (I mean it!) well.. life.. life… sometimes think of it, I just don't get it why I'm stuck in mechanical engineering.. I don't think I foresaw myself studying this stuff when I was 15.. the time when I was so innocently excited of being a psychologist, psychiatrist or a psychoanalyst (don't ask me the difference =P).. when I was 10 I wanted a camera so badly I cried.. so the first expensive thing that I bought for myself after breaking my piggy bank was a camera..! photographer should be a very interesting job, just so I thought… (don't laugh.. kids do dream).. can u imagine it's like every time I went to book stores, I went straight to those sections and browsed for some interesting stuffs.. I don't even have the urge to go to the library nowadays.. see the difference? u get what I mean?

Well, back then it was.. as time passes, things are becoming very different.. they're so different that sometimes I don't even remember what I see beforehand.. I don't even know what I love doing, what I'm good at, what are my interests..

Basically i lose, in both what i like and what i don't like.. simply put, pathetic..

Good weekend..! Ciao =P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

didnt noe u cried for a camera when u're 10..? guess bcos I was just 7 at the time.. but didnt noe u were that interested in this thingy.. well at least till just now. hehe..
psychology i know, but photography n u going to the book store.. wow..
hehe

anyway, go i-cute!!

Anonymous said...

same :P iono what i am doing too... though i don't really regret taking this major... but yeah.... never occurred to me I will actually take this subject ages ago :P
u can still pursue ur dream... its never too late.... perhaps use this major to earn money and used it to fulfill ur dream (or that is sorta my plan... or not... i am still not sure myself :P)
Good luck with ur exam :)

~dewi

Diahz90 said...

mei2 --> actually what i meant was psychology n me gg to the book store.. hahaha..

wi --> haha funny.. sometimes i am grateful instead for taking this major.. bcos i was just an inch away from taking computing.. fiuhhh.. ironic it is! anyway thx ;) see u when u're here..