Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Cycle...

Are u afraid of repetition? Are u afraid of feeling bored about the things u like at the moment?

I am very certain everybody has heard about how high the divorce rate has been recently.. I mean, it was just yesterday when I heard that a friend’s friend was filing a divorce and that wasn’t even the first time.. I couldn’t help but wonder.. was it because of the non-existence of the novelty that once the couple had? or, people nowadays just couldn’t afford to take the time to solve problems, they gave it up instead? or, people are really in need of breaking the cycle, the repetition in life?

Whatever questions came to my mind.. unfortunately, the answers to myself seemed to be a YES.. that was upsetting..

Let’s take a very simple example of ourselves.. certainly there should be a time when u feel that u really need to start studying again or quit working, switch jobs, get out the city or worse, break up with ur current girl/boyfriend.. i’m expecting u to nod when u read this.. sorry to say that everybody does that, including myself at times.. we’d say out loud to the world that we’re just bored!!

I remember I was so happy being admitted to NUS.. so glad to go to lectures in the first week of school.. and BANG! On the fourth week, I found myself skipping classes, overslept and did all those sinful stuffs, until only god-knows-when.. I just wasn’t that excited anymore.. there’s no more engine to drive me “alive”..

Somebody told me, if we really think abt it.. actually there’s something special about being bored.. if in the first place u never have that thing u’re bored of, how on earth will ever be bored of it? and if u come to lose it, u may want it back again, not so soon but u may one day.. more often than not, we just don’t realize that we’re sick of the thing we once wanted so badly.. remember how cruel life was when u’re unemployed? And how blissful life was when u got ur first job interview? but how bored u are now in the office complaining at the same time? We simply take many many things for granted..

I guess he’s true.. it may be harder to see things that way.. but I say it is something worth looking at..

Till then.. Ciao.. =)

5 comments:

dflautan said...

hmm.. which one do u prefer, having the excitement but get bored of it eventually, or u'd better not have it in the first place cos u're afraid u're gonna get bored of it?

Diahz90 said...

none.. please, none.. haha.. i'm just wanting to learn not to get bored of the things that i am excited about in the first place, moreover if the boredom is out of taking them for granted.. u know, trying to feel contented cos we may be doomed if we lose it..

oh, thats my friend's point though.. which i really think it's worth looking at.. =)

Anonymous said...

i wondered how ur bf felt when he read that :P

i gotta agreed thou... i seriously have no idea how to kill boredom... repetition is boring but when u loose it, u look for it, for me... most of the time... like how i wished uni finished, now i miss it :( but not everything, just the gathering with friends bit and stuffs :P

back to sg already?

dewi

Diahz90 said...

haha yea back to sg.. hows the flight? liat seseorg di kursi sebelah?? huehue..

Anonymous said...

haha... nope... yg duduk disamping wa itu indian... hm... trus sebrang... couple indo with baby... hmmm.... haha

dewi