Sunday, May 27, 2007

Jeg Elsker Danmark...

My Danish friend just taught me that, it means “I love Denmark” =P

It’s going to be the end of the semester in no time.. classes ending.. project deadlines approaching.. exams coming.. so there are some points about Danmark that I’d like to write bef
ore I forget..

  • Speaking of the weather, which took me quite some time to get used to.. I was just wondering how those dogs on the streets could stand the coldness and rains...
  • Speaking of the rains, ppl are fine walking in the rain without umbrellas..
  • And they love sunny day so much.. I do too, now…
  • High prices and taxes.. my lecturer said she paid 65% of tax before.. I myself paid 20% tax when I bought my bike..
  • Bikes everywhere.. with special lanes and traffic lights..
  • Teachers called by their first names..
  • Long day in Spring, even longer in summer (I heard so)..
  • Hatchback everywhere! all those cars look much cooler here..
  • Buy or bring your own plastic bags in the supermarket..
  • Ppl drink more beers than water I suppose..
  • A country with a very good welfare system, the danish get quite an amount of money every month even without working.. and I get a health insurance as long as I stay in Danmark!
  • Almost all Danish speak English (which maybe is not common in Europe)
  • Speaking of the danes, they’re very friendly.. esp the elderly..
  • The danes don’t talk that much (at least most exchange students think so)
  • Being on time is extremely important for the danes.. It’s an insult if u come late without prior notice.. i've never been late to any classes or appointments so far.. believe me,i hold the record for that now =P

I have quite a number of new pictures but I’m not gonna post all of them now.. next next entries ok.. =)

These are some of the nice people that I’ve been working with throughout the semester..

I realize that the one in the middle looks like my friend (it’s u dewi, yes you.. she’s ur European version..), maybe not so much on the face.. but seriously, everything is so similar.. I can’t believe she doesn’t even eat prawn too..

Ciao..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how I should react with your statement =/ haha~ thankfully we don't look alike or it will be scary ^^; haha~

hey~ don't you guys called your lecturer by their first name in Singapore?

GOSH~ THE TAX! damn high lar!

So when are you coming back again? (i know i asked this question before, i just can't remember in which post :S)

oh! good luck with your projects and exam ;)

~dewi

Diahz90 said...

apaan thankfully we don't look alike.. mirip lage.. loe liat sekali lage yg deket.. haha.. dr gaya jln ampe gaya ngomg pkknya mirip.. having her ard is like having u ard.. haha.. kembaran loe lah..

soal nama, mksdny dsini maen hajar... "morning allan..", "hi jesper", "how ru bent".. getoh..

gw balek akhir july.. ngapaen pake nanya? brarti loe blk dunk? hehe..

Anonymous said...

mirip yah? ga jelas soalnya! gila... serem~ my doppelganger huh? haha

sini juga maen hajar gitu! HAHAHA... morning John~
terkadang kalo lagi gila... malah pake singkatan... ada satu lecturer kita suka panggil JK (soalnya ada yg namanya John jg)

ga balek! males :P mao belajar dengan sungguh2 *ehem* HAHA

~dewi

Diahz90 said...

ga balek! males :P mao belajar dengan sungguh2 ---> jgn sok rajin.. biasa aja lah ya.. haha..