Sunday, June 24, 2007

Dead Poets Society...

Keating: Just when u think u know something, u have to look at it in another way. Even though it may seem silly or wrong, u must try! Now, when u read, don't just consider what the author thinks. Consider what u think. Boys, u must strive to find ur own voice. Because the longer u wait to begin, the less likely u are to find it at all. Thoreau said, "most men lead lives of quiet desperation". Don't be resigned to that. Break out! Don't just walk off the edge like lemmings. Look around u"
...............
Keating: "I sound my bar
baric yawp over the rooftops of the world…"
...............

Keating: "There it is, You see, u have a barbarian in u, after all.."
.
..............

Keating: Yes, we know that. All right. Now, I didn't bring them up here to ridicule them. I brought them up here to illustrate the point of conformity: the difficulty in maintaining ur own beliefs in the face of others. Now, those of u… I see the look in ur ey
es, "I would've walked differently." Well, ask urselves why u're clapping. Now, we all have a great need of acceptance. But u must trust that ur belief is unique, ur own, even though others may think they're odd or unpopular, even though the herd may go, "that's baaaad..". Robert Frost said, "Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." Now, I want u to find ur own walk right now. Your own way of striding, pacing. Any direction. Anything u want. Whether it's proud, whether it's silly, anything. Gentlemen, the courtyard is yours.

I immediately feel in love with the movie.. it expressed the idea of "Carpe Diem" which also what I first got to hear about one year ago in a talk.. an Academy Award winning film in 1989.. i say, u should watch it..!

Pictures as of late...

We've been having heavy dinners, trying out some recipes from internet bcos the weather's not been so friendly recently, always raining.. which makes it difficult to go outside to hang out.. =P
Spaghetti Carbonara - Fried Rice - Prawn Salad - Apple Pie

Besides, andreas is leaving on monday.. it's pretty sad and did i mention? he's a very nice friend and he's my bike angel.. =P always helping me with my bike.. anyway, we had a dinner and basketball game for the last time in Teknisk together.. quite a fun game, i teamed up with andreas, jun teamed up with jeong.. by the by, we've come to this gloomy time where everybody has to leave.. in fact, most of my classmates already left..

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

bloody hell the food looks delicious..
exactly whats the meaning of Carpe Diem? I've been wanting to ask u, but never did..dunno why.. haha

Anonymous said...

what is the movie title? =/

your friends are leaving? don't cry yah! :)

oh and I want the Apple Pie... looks delicious ^^

~dewi

Diahz90 said...

mei2 --> Carpe Diem means Seize the day... =P

dewi --> the title is dead poets society as i wrote in my blog's title.. watch it, since u're on holiday..

Jacqueline said...

halo diah, I saw your mei2 in sun plaza yesterday. hehe. And the food... *drooling*

Anonymous said...

diah gila....berenti taro gambar2 makanan napa? gue lagi diet neh.. hehehehehehe
man, rambut lu udah panjang yah.. hahaha entar balik kita bertiga berambung gondrong deh.. hehehe

yang lagi kelaparan,
Lysia

Diahz90 said...

jac --> no wonder, sun plaza - a place to meet whoever u want to meet in medan.. =P

Lys --> idih nih cewe napsu amat liat makanan.. haha.. noh, gw ga nge-blog abt food lage di next entry..

Anonymous said...

its an old movie? i shall find it later :P when i feel like it haha...

NO! MORE FOOD PLEASE >_<

~dewi